Vice President – Investor Relations
The Vice President of Investor Relations is accountable for all proprietary investor relationships including managing investor property pipelines, overseeing the due diligence applicable to proprietary investments, and meeting both annual goals and property closing deadlines. The candidate should consistently apply an informed and professional message to the investment community on behalf of WNC.
Candidates for the Vice President, Investor Relations position should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least seven years of on the job experience in real estate, with an emphasis in multifamily housing and/or affordable housing. Candidates must demonstrate strong communication (verbal and written) skills, as well as the ability to develop and maintain business relationships and close transactions. A strong understanding of current acceptable market terms of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) partnerships, financial reports, analytic methods and financial data tools are required. A strong LIHTC underwriting background is a plus. Candidates should have intermediate/high proficiency with the MS Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel. A FINRA Series 63 license is required and must be obtained within the first-year of employment.
- Serve as business liaison between investors’ counsel and WNC counsel as it pertains to proprietary upper-tier agreements.
- Work with Originations to develop individual proprietary property pipelines.
- Communicate with proprietary investors on a regular basis and present prospective investment opportunities.
- Work closely with underwriting to collect and review all required investor due diligence.
- Manage all inquiries and communication between WNC and proprietary investors.
- Ability to set and meet multiple closing timelines.
- Maintain ongoing interaction with Fund Management department to ensure long term proprietary fund quality.
- Property site visit travel possible.
- Strive to exceed goals as outlined in the annual Investor Relations SMART goals.
- Participate in appropriate industry associations, networking events and conferences.
- Promote the highest quality development that reinforces WNC’s commitment to long term viability.