The Project Manager (PM) will structure, negotiate, and close equity investments on affordable housing communities throughout the nation, utilizing federal Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC). The PM will also be responsible for preparing committee and investor packages for approval, while maintaining and enhancing existing and new relationships with the developers and investors WNC works with.
- Analyze prospective projects to determine financial feasibility and run and manage projections that will ensure that the project’s yield is maintained at closing.
- Assess market conditions, review, and analyze all third-party data (e.g., market studies, construction plan and cost reviews, Phase 1’s, appraisal, etc.) and other due diligence provided for conformance to WNC’s underwriting guidelines.
- Underwrite the transaction by addressing strengths and weaknesses of a transaction, including identifying how risks are managed.
- Prepare investment package and present for Investment Committee approval.
- Work closely with legal counsel and WNC’s executive management to negotiate partnership agreements with developers.
- Work closely with WNC’s Investor Relations team to place the transaction in an investment fund.
- Manage expectations and relationships with developer clients throughout the underwriting and closing process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and financial modeling.
- Highly motivated self-starter with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Some travel will be required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, real estate, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience working with Low-Income Housing Tax Credits.