Preservation Equity Fund Asset Management Intern
WNC seeks an intern for up to 30 hours per week to support the growing Asset Management team in Preservation Equity Fund (PEF). PEF is dedicated to preserving affordable housing through acquisition of existing apartment communities while in return, providing cash flow and appreciation to its investors. The Asset Management Intern will directly report to and assist the Director of Asset Management. The ideal candidate enjoys working with a team and has the desire to learn.
- Financial Statement Review: Review monthly financials for inconsistencies/errors, enter financials into proprietary database, and ensure proper income and expense allocation.
- Budget Variance: Review annual budget and compare management company budgets to underwriting projections. Enter budgets into proprietary database.
- Data Entry: Gather property specific information and enter data into proprietary database.
- Capital Improvements: Track progress and budgets for various projects.
- Ad Hoc Analysis: Complete various ad hoc reports and tasks for Preservation Equity Fund Team.
- Positive attitude and willingness to contribute to a team.
- Must have the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and thorough knowledge of MS Excel and Powerpoint.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Professional and courteous.
Education and Experience:
Preferred areas of study for this internship are business, accounting, finance, or real estate.
Resumes to [email protected]