The Fund Analyst is responsible for monitoring the long-term performance of multi-investor, proprietary and guaranteed Low-Income Housing Tax Credit funds. This position records and calculates investor benefits, reviews tax returns to analyze investor benefits, reports to investors on a quarterly basis, provides support and analysis to management and gathers investor due diligence as requested.
- Responsible for their own funds, including:
- Capital Contribution Requests.
- Meet with Construction/Asset Management.
- Update Property Payments in Rollup.
- Reconcile cash requested/utilized.
- Send CCRs to investors.
- Fund rollup responsibilities include:
- Review tax returns to update credit and deduction benefits.
- Verify IRR calculations.
- Update reserve analysis.
- Follow routine for timely quarterly reporting.
- Learn queries and work with IT.
- Communicate with investors by sending information that is accurate and timely.
- Present portfolio reviews to upper management.
Experience working with Low Income Housing Tax Credits preferred.
Experience in the accounting or real estate industry is preferred.
Knowledge of accounting principles and finance concepts.
Possess professional-level communication skills to interact with institutional investors.
Ability to perform Internal Rate of Return analysis.
Knowledge of financial statements (income statement and balance sheets), partnership tax returns, and audits is a plus.
Ability to read and work from Partnership Agreements and other legal documents.
Ability to organize and schedule tasks while supporting multiple projects with a wide range of production and monitoring requirements, ability to meet deadlines, strong time management skills are required.
Strong computer skills required, with a strong emphasis in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
Ability to learn complicated tasks quickly.
Strong emphasis on accuracy of work completed.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business/finance or a related major.
1-3 years applicable experience in accounting, real estate/affordable housing.