Director of Acquisitions
WNC seeks a Director of Acquisitions for its growing Preservation Equity Fund (PEF). PEF is dedicated to preserving affordable housing through acquisition of existing apartment communities while in return, providing cash flow and appreciation to its investors. The Director of Acquisitions will join a collaborative group of real estate professionals while contributing to an up-and-coming venture for WNC. The ideal candidate enjoys working with a team and has a strong background in acquisitions for existing multi-family properties.
- Transactions: Source, negotiate, perform due diligence, finance, and close qualified affordable multifamily investments (including partnership interests in such properties) that meet fund objectives.
- Budget Review: Review monthly reporting and variance overview for acquisitions closed; work closely with the Director of Asset Management to ensure projections are achievable and track progress.
- Research: Analyze market data and trends to develop underwriting assumptions.
- Investment Memos: Prepare and present thorough investment memos outlining the transactions for investment committee approval; follow investment guidelines and deal process criteria.
- Networking: Build relationships with brokers, owners, and other participants in the industry to help foster deal flow and build reputation.
- Positive attitude and willingness to contribute to a team.
- Self-motivation with natural inclination to pursue opportunities rather than waiting for direction.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Professional and courteous.
- Ability to travel.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of previous related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of affordable housing regulations preferred.
Benefits and Opportunities:
WNC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
WNC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, volunteer time off, and paid parental leave.
Resumes to [email protected]