Community Preservation Partners, LLC, a rapidly growing private developer of diverse real estate projects, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Development Accountant. Candidates for the Development Accountant position will support the development team in the tasks necessary to acquire, finance, construct, and operate acquisition rehabilitation housing projects.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Work with the project management team preparing construction draw documentation for submittal to lenders for payment, process funding payments to the contractors.
- Review and reconcile related party accounts.
- Reconcile project reimbursable costs monthly, prepare back up for reimbursements.
- Setup accounts for new lender, construction disbursement accounts and monitor receipt of monthly bank statements; prepare check requests and prepare or review monthly bank reconciliations.
- Setup newly acquired properties (LPA) in the company accounting system in coordination with the Controller. Maintain the accounting records, book construction account activity, debt, and equity transactions.
- Respond to inquiries from accounting firms, partners, lenders, regulatory agencies and other third parties to provide a variety of information and assistance regarding project financials and final cost certifications.
- Work with Project Management on equity funding requests, provide necessary back up and prepare disbursement once received.
- Collaborate with Project Management, Asset Management and Property Management for the timely preparation and distribution of reports to applicable third parties.
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable regarding effective internal controls.
- Requires a strong work ethic, the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, strong reconciliation and analytical skills, and the ability to articulate accounting concepts to accounting and program staff both verbally and in written form to ensure the highest level of understanding.
- Ability to use computer, business equipment and required software (EXCEL & WORD proficiency required, and prior experience with general ledger programs).
- Ability to communicate effectively including written and oral presentations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and outside personnel.