Construction Oversight Asset Manager
The Asset Manager for Construction Oversight Management (“Candidate”) oversees a nationwide portfolio of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties during the rehabilitation or new construction phase. The Candidate reports to the Director – Construction Risk Management, and works closely with the Underwriting, Fund Management and Compliance Departments. Certain primary responsibilities include tracking and/or reviewing construction budgets, schedules, schedule of values (for depreciation purposes), sources and uses during the construction phase. In addition, the Candidate will review construction draws and process capital contributions for the respective property-partnerships. The specific responsibilities for this position including the following:
- Control construction phase risks to maximize construction quality and accessibility compliance, and to adhere to budget and timeliness of completion;
- Work with local general partners to develop relationship and enforce requirements of the Limited Partnership Agreement for timely construction completion, and construction quality and longevity of buildings constructed;
- Process capital contributions to projects promptly upon achieved benchmarks;
- Monitor sources and uses of each project to ensure project is in balance;
- Inform and make recommendations to Local General Partners to achieve investment performance targets;
- Draft narratives for each property for investor reporting;
- Work with the WNC Compliance Department to estimate tax credit delivery and any adjustments to capital contributions;
- Internal reporting of monthly status of construction completion, including issues and action plan related to portfolio;
- Engage third-party engineers assigned to each project and manage site visit reporting
- Perform site visits on assets that may require more involvement than routine monitoring.
- The ability to understand technical reports, budgets, schedules and analyses for construction monitoring;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities;
- The ability to discuss critical paths, complex schedules and related matters with consultants and partners
- Knowledge of LIHTC program preferred.
- BA/BS degree in business and concentration in construction or development-related education; and/or
- Three to five years of experience in a construction oversight related field.
Resumes to email@example.com.