Construction Asset Manager
WNC seeks a Construction Asset Manager for its growing Preservation Equity Fund (PEF). PEF is dedicated to preserving affordable housing through acquisition of existing apartment communities while in return, providing cash flow and appreciation to its investors. The Construction Asset Manager will join a collaborative group of real estate professionals while contributing to an up-and-coming venture for WNC. The ideal candidate enjoys working with a team and has a strong background in construction management for existing multi-family properties.
- Position Responsibilities:
- Capital Needs Budgeting: Assess deferred maintenance and ongoing capital needs for all multifamily assets; create detailed budgets for term of hold.
- Construction Management: Procure bids, execute contracts, create timelines, ensure compliance with regulatory, lender, and local permitting requirements, and oversee all construction work at existing properties.
- Due Diligence: Inspect new acquisitions for physical needs and create upfront and ongoing budgets; work with third party consultants and coordinate specialist’s inspections.
- Green Initiatives: Work with energy consultants to assess properties for environmental improvements with bottom line impact; research local rebates and programs that offer incentives for energy conservation.
- REAC: Complete pre-REAC inspections, identify potential REAC findings, and devise a plan to pass REAC inspections.
- Reporting: Prepare budgets, timelines, and reports as required in a detailed and professional format.
- Positive attitude and willingness to contribute to a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Professional and courteous.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to travel.
- Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of previous related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science, Architecture, Engineering or related field a plus.
- Construction Management Association of America Certification or American Institute of Constructors Certification a plus.
- Knowledge of affordable housing regulations preferred.
- Benefits and Opportunities:
- WNC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- WNC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time-off, 401k match, life insurance, and long-term disability.
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org