LIHTC Compliance Specialist I or II
WNC is currently seeking a highly motivated LIHTC Compliance Specialist responsible for monitoring a LIHTC portfolio of approximately 630 properties for regulatory and tenant file compliance, including reviewing tenant files, qualified lease-up monitoring reports, and regulatory documents to achieve and maintain full compliance with the LIHTC, Fair Housing and other applicable housing programs.
This position reports to the Vice President- Compliance in the Irvine office of WNC.
- Manage tenant file reviews to ensure compliance during the initial qualification process as well as throughout the compliance period as required and regulated under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code and other applicable programs;
- Review all required regulatory documents to determine necessary information to commence audit;
- Review sample of files on identified portfolio for continuing program compliance;
- Monitor partnerships from construction, lease-up and throughout the entire life of the partnership;
- Work closely with various management companies to resolve potential issues of non-compliance as identified throughout the audit;
- Provide oversight to annual file review process through a third party;
- Review proposed new-relationship management companies and make assessment on their experience, proficiency and aptitude on compliance;
- Complete required internal workflow components including spreadsheets and correspondences;
- Assist in general administrative duties for the department by maintaining reports, filing, scanning and organizing data;
- Provide backup assistance to Compliance Lease-Up Coordinators as needed;
- Take the lead in in developing Compliance Lease-up Coordinators towards the Compliance Specialist position;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4-8 years experience in the LIHTC program within the property management, or asset management environment;
- Must have strong knowledge of the LIHTC program, Fair Housing Laws and other related affordable housing programs (HUD, RD, HOME and Tax-Exempt Bond);
- Proven experience in managing the tenant income certification process for the projects with mixed financing;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from an accredited college preferred;
- A current certification in Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) or Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO) Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) required plus Certified Compliance Professional (C3P) or Specialist in Housing Credit Management (SHCM);
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel and Outlook and Powerpoint;
- A self-starter, professional, excellent interpersonal skills, detail oriented, strong analytical skills, excellent organizational skills along with strong verbal and written skills;
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org