The Compliance Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support to the Compliance Department. Responsible for monitoring lease-up of properties in an assigned portfolio and monitoring tenant file compliance, reviewing weekly and monthly reports to ensure full compliance with the imposed LIHTC program rules and regulations to guarantee the delivery of low-income housing tax credits.
- Answering phones, generating correspondence and scheduling/coordinating meetings.
- Tracking and properly saving annual tax return and audits to server.
- Maintaining an accurate filing system (hard and soft files).
- Review sample of files on identified portfolio for continuing program compliance.
- Work closely with the Compliance Lease-Up Coordinator and/or Compliance Specialist in the collection of files and audit reports.
- Complete required internal workflow documentation including tracking spreadsheets and correspondence with property management companies and consultants.
- Collect required weekly traffic leasing activity reports and monthly compliance reports (check in, review, record/update in company database).
- Perform general administrative duties in processing third party invoices, maintaining reports, filing, scanning and organizing data.
- Track current projects and provide other administrative assistance to Compliance team as needed.
- Schedule, arrange and organize internal and external meetings.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned or requested by the direct supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Two years of experience in a corporate office environment.
- Two years in customer service environment.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Enthusiastic and solution-oriented attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with accuracy and detail.
- Working knowledge in Microsot Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to multi-task, work proficiently as an effective team member in an office environment.
- Exhibit sound judgment, ability to use available resources to research issues, ability seek guidance and communicate openly with direct supervisor.
- Must be motivated for continued growth.
Resumes to email@example.com