Assistant Development Manager (Reston, VA)
Primary job responsibilities will be to coordinate, implement, and manage activities related to affordable housing development throughout the United States.
- Assist in the preparation and updates of project proformas.
- Assist with preparation of funding applications to local, state, and federal agencies.
- Assist with closing, including organizing and facilitating the distribution of due diligence and signature packages, managing closing draws and draft settlement statements/closing draws.
- Work with the project manager/construction/accounting team preparing construction draw documentation and monitors construction schedule.
- Initiate and manage third party reports, such as appraisals, market studies, and environmental assessments.
- Provide support to multiple project managers on any requested information on a project.
- High degree of independence, motivation, and accountability.
- Able to work with time sensitive material and meet multiple deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills, and a high capacity to multi-task are prerequisites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Skilled with the MS Office suite
- Recognition that detail-oriented tasks are critical to a business’ long-term success.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience in real estate development, with exposure to private and public debt financing. An entry-level Assistant Development Manager may also be considered, depending on education.
- Experience with Low-Income Housing Tax Credit is a plus.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Benefits and Opportunities
- WNC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- WNC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time-off, 401k match, life insurance, and long-term disability.
The compensation listed represents the expected salary for this position. A candidate’s work experience and other job-related factors will also be considered.