Vice President, Originations (Texas/Southeast Territory)
The Originator is a member of the WNC team directly responsible for property acquisition. The team is charged with acquiring properties and maximizing return to Investors and WNC. This position will be responsible for managing General Partner relationships, evaluating properties through WNC’s lower-tier financial models and executing Letters of Understanding (LOU’s) with WNC deal terms. Expectation of the position is that travel will comprise approximately half of the professional’s time.
Key Hiring Criteria
Candidate must have recent experience building and maintaining successful relationships with tax credit developers in the targeted territory. Experience in Tax Credit acquisitions is preferred, but lending and/or agency experience will be considered. Top candidates will be those who can demonstrate through past experience the ability to build trust and strong business relationships with tax credit developers and general partners.
- Become familiar with WNC story/ history, originations model and LOU.
- Call and prospect developers in targeted territory.
- Travel to and meet with WNC developers in targeted territory.
- Sign and close tax credit equity.
- Participate in training in related events including observing WNC Investment and Preservation Committees and other targeted training events.
- Become familiar with CPP (preservations division). Make referrals/meet with portfolio owners for preservation transactions.
- Participate in appropriate industry associations.
- Meet with portfolio owners of prospective preservation transactions.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to present to large audiences.
- Knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
- Ability to organize and schedule tasks in support of multiple projects.
- Pro Forma analysis understanding.
- Ability to interpret financial statements and construction cost breakdowns.
- Strong computer skills required, focusing on MS Office.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year degree required; business degree.
- Advanced degree or significant tax credit experience preferable.
Candidates should forward their resume to email@example.com with job position in the title line.