- Perform all aspects of the accounts payable function by matching purchase orders to invoices and entering invoices into the software within 48 hrs. of receiving a request for payment, adhering with departments policies and deadlines. Identify errors or discrepancies before processing.
- Prepares checks, including entries to reflect ACH transactions pay by phones and any web payments, to include all backup documentation. Reconcile accounts payable related accounts; and process any journal entry requests/AP reclassing as requested by the controller/management and or any adjustments to the general ledger.
- Act as primary contact within the company/vendors regard to anything related to accounts payable/receivables, including reviewing requests, preparing and routing for approval, and maintain any purchase orders. Following up with approvals if necessary.
- Research and resolve any outstanding balances and accounts, including telephone, mail, or e-mail communications with vendors. Assist with sorting and opening accounting mail and distributing accordingly.
- Request updated W-9 information from vendors, and insure that vendor names and data is updated correctly into the Sage system.
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the accounts payable function.
- Assist in annual audit by preparing assigned reports or providing documentation as directed by the controller.
- Maintains a procedure manual of accounts payable tasks as a guide for backup assistance when such assistance becomes necessary.
- Research and recommend programs, policies and procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the accounts payable function, including new software, internal controls, new electronic payment technologies, and customer support.
- Perform various departmental tasks in support of coworkers as workload and staffing levels dictate.
- Distribute/mail checks to vendors and employees.
- Daily deadlines must be met as outlined on the daily task manager schedule.
- Bank reconciliations to all company banking accounts.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and two years of advanced accounting or bookkeeping work experience; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties. Requires intermediate computer literacy of Word, Excel and recordkeeping/bookkeeping principles. Must be detailed oriented, with accurate data entry skills; must have effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to learn the Sage software.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other related occasional work.
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org